Commitment to Child Safety
All children who are a part of Rhee Tae Kwon Do (Victoria) have a right to feel and be safe. The welfare of the children in our care will always be our first priority and Rhee Tae Kwon Do (Victoria) has a zero tolerance to child abuse. Rhee Tae Kwon Do (Victoria) aims to create a child safe and child friendly environment where children feel safe and have fun and Rhee Tae Kwon Do (Victoria)'s activities are always carried out in the best interests of the children.
Your responsibilities are to:
- Treat all children respectfully, and in accordance with Australian child protection legislation;
- Act with respect to all students and instructors
- Ensure children are participating in a safe environment (both physically and emotionally). For example, do not allow children to train when injured or fatigued.
- Respect children’s concerns or feelings in relation to participation in Rhee Tae Kwon Do. For example, do not force them to train or participate when they don’t want to;
- Understand our policies and reporting processes in relation to child protection and/or safeguarding;
- Respond and report if you witness or suspect any situation that has harmed or may potentially harm a child;
- Be a positive influence in the creation of a child safe environment at all of our Dojangs and events.
More information about Child Safety can be obtained through the following links: